There are 15 bus routes in Tartu, two of them night routes. A total of 64 buses, with frequent departures, are equipped with air conditioning, low bottoms and running on an environmentally-friendly source of fuel. Passengers have access to real-time information on the web and by phone, the timetables are also available in paper form at the bus stops and in the Information Centre in Tartu Town Hall. Check out the bus routes and stops here.
An electronic bus card or a contactless bank card must be swiped at on-board validators upon entering a city bus. Electronic bus cards can be bought from R-Kiosk convenience stores, the bus station, Tartu Visitor Centre in Town Hall, information counters in Selver supermarkets and elsewhere. Tartu bus card is in cross-usage with Tallinn`s green Smartcard and the public transportation cards of Ridango, GoBus and Atko. One-hour tickets can also be bought from the bus driver, in cash only.
In order to avoid unwanted payments, the bus card as well as the contactless bank card must be removed from one’s wallet or purse and used separately.
Prices and concessions:
- One-hour ticket 0.83€
- One-hour concession ticket for students 0.51€
- One-hour ticket bought from the bus driver 2€.
- One-day ticket 2.11€ (To acquire a one-day ticket, the balance on the card must be at least 2.75€. The system will register a one-day ticket, and return the excess amount at the end of the day.)
- 10-day ticket 7.03€
- 10-day concession ticket 3.52€
- 30-day ticket 15.34€
- 30-day concession ticket for pupils and severely disabled individuals 5.11€
- 30-day concession ticket for university students and Estonian pensioners 7.67€
- 90-day ticket 35.15€
Passengers with the right of free travel under the Public Transport Act (a Tartu bus smart card is not required and journeys do not need to be registered on the on-board validators): children under the age of seven, individuals 16 years and younger with a disability, individuals with a profound disability, individuals with severe visual impairments and persons accompanying individuals with profound or severe visual impairments.