Skip to Content (Press Enter)
Text size
Line space
Contrast
normal contrast icon
high contrast icon

Black background with yellow text

visittartu [at] visittartu.com (Give feedback)

See & Do

Historical buildings

Devil’s Bridge in Tartu

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating

The elegant Devil's Bridge is a rare example of a concrete bridge from the early 20th century. It complements Angel's Bridge and is one of the symbols not only of Toomemägi Hill, but Tartu as a whole. A wooden bridge was erected on the site in Neogothic style in 1809 to the designs of J. W. Kraus. The current bridge was built in 1913 to the designs of A. Eichhorn and was dedicated to the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty of the Russian tsars.  Did you know...?  *The bridge's name may have come from the fact that it complemented Angel's Bridge or have been derived from the name of its lead construction engineer, Werner Zoege von Manteuffel (teufel being German for 'devil').  

  • Lossi tänav 19, Tartu
    view on map

  • +372 7442111
  • info [at] visittartu.com
  • 24 hours

Features and amenities

Amenities

Site lighting

Find more

Find more