Parking is free on weekends and national holidays. The chargeable parking area is divided into two zones: the parking fee in zone A is 2 euros per hour, in zone B the parking fee is 1 euro per hour. If the starting time is displayed, parking is free for 15 minutes in zone A, and for 90 minutes in zone B. The parking ticket machine automatically adds the free parking time to the validity period of the ticket. When making use of the free parking time by mobile phone indicate the zone and the respective parking space number (A15 / B90). In the chargeable parking area, there are free designated parking zones for buses, motorcycles and mopeds. Parking conditions in private car parks may vary.
At parking ticket machines, in cash (machines accept 0.10 €, 0.20 €, 0.50 €, 1 € and 2 € coins) or by card payment;
Making a mobile payment (use short code 1902 to send a text message in the following format: vehicle registration plate number, space, combination for the parking zone and space (123ABC A15 / B90). To end the parking time, call 1903. Info hotline: 1910);
Buying a parking permit. Parking permits for a month or a year can be bought at information centre on the ground floor of Town Hall (tel. +372 1789). Parking permits for a day can be purchased at parking ticket machines when paying for 5 hours of parking.
At the web portal Parkimine.ee;
Through parking applications for smartphones and tablets. We recommend to use parking applications of known companies, such as Parkimine.ee (Ühisteenused AS), PARGI.EE (Telia Eesti AS), or Autlo (Autlo OÜ). Using the applications is at the user’s own risk.
Free parking areas near the city centre:
Uus Street 63d
Riia Street 26a (behind Hektor Design Hostel)
Taara Avenue 1d
Courthouse parking lot (between 6 p.m. and 1 a.m.)
Vaksali Street parking areas at the side of the train tracks (Vaksali Street 12b and 2d)
Tour buses can be parked in the city centre at the following locations:
• Vabaduse Avenue (between Uueturu and Poe Street) - closed 28.06.-05.08.
• Vabaduse Avenue (near Kaarsild (Arched Bridge)) - 3 parking places for buses
• Ülikooli Street (in front of Vanemuine Theatre)
• Ülikooli Street (next to Hotel Draakon)
• Lossi Street (on the section between Inglisild (Angel`s Bridge) and the Supreme Court of Estonia)
• Opposite Jakobi Street 2
• Lai Street 37 (in front of the Botanical Garden)
• Küütri Street (next to Hotel London)
• Sadama Street parking lot
• Väike Turu Street parking lot
• Turu Street (Aura Water Centre)